Sunday, August 22, 2010

Week 5, Day 2. Chanel Blush--Pink Explosion JC

One of my newer acquisitions is this beautiful new blush from Chanel as part of their Fall 2010 collection.  It is Pink Explosion and is a pretty, medium shimmery pink.  


The newer Chanel blushes are baked and will continue to be from what I've heard.  The color of Pink Explosion is a coolish rosy-pink with tiny little silvery shimmery bits in it.  It's not too glittery when applied, but it is noticeable.  Because it is baked, the powder isn't quite as silky smooth at the older US versions.


In my experience, because they're baked, it is more difficult to get the powder onto the brush, but the powder that comes off is very fine and pigmented.  I just have to rub the brush a little more and harder to get it to apply decently.  The advantage of the baked is that I don't have to worry quite so much about over applying my blush.  I've heard the baked are more shimmery, and if it's true, it's only translates into a slight bit more shimmer on the cheeks.


Tomorrow's blush is Fantasia JC.  It's not one that I normally reach for and I look forward to trying it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment