Thursday, July 22, 2010

Week 1, Day 5. Bright Pink Blush--Nars Desire

Today's blush is Nars Desire.  Another matte blush, it is a gorgeous cool pink, similar to Bobbi Brown's Pale Pink of yesterday.  One difference is that this is somewhat more pigmented.  I love the color of Desire, but I think the formula is not as smooth as R&R.  Here is how it looks in the pan.

It's beautiful, right?  I really do like it, but I have to say that Nars aren't my favorite blushes for a couple of reasons.  First is the packaging, it gets dirty and over time, the rubber breaks down and has a tendency to get sticky (ick!).  Another reason is that while they're more pigmented than most blushes, they lack the smoothness of R&R and the glowiness of Chanel Joues Contraste blushes.  I used to have almost all the Nars, but only 5 or 6 remain in my collection.  Here are the swatches again.  Nars Desire is #5.  It is slightly warmer than Pale Pink, but not quite as much as Angelika.

Nars Desire really is a pretty blush, that is wearable by anyone.  Just make sure to apply lightly at first, then add more as needed.  It's easier to add more than take some off!  =)  Tomorrow will be the 6th day of Bright Pink Blush Week.  Come back then and I'll talk about one of my faves, Shu Uemura P Wine 24. In the meantime I'd love to hear your thoughts on Nars blushes and if you agree (or not) with me.

1 comment:

  1. Still want to pick this one up.

    I definitely agree with you about the packaging and the wear of the blushes, over all. They're great but could be better... as most products could use some improvement.

    I think you pretty much highlighted as to why I've not purchased a bunch of others.

    Great post. :-D

    ReplyDelete